I have been dying to this tag ever since I watched my friend Meggie, from BookMeUpScotty, do it. I wasn’t tagged by anyone, I just liked the tag and wantd to do it.
As I’m writing this Christmas is at its last legs, but now is when I feel like doing this tag. So, here we go…
1. Do you have a favorite Winter read?
Harry Potter always puts me in the mood for Christmas. Specially ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’. I think it’s all the magic, and the wonder of a child, that this book has that does it for me.
2. Find a Book with Blue on the Cover!
I personally haven’t read ‘Warbringer’ by Leigh Bardugo yet, but it has the most beautiful blue book jacket. The blue and the gold looks amazing, and it definitely suits this questions.
3. Find a book you’d use as a star on a Christmas tree?
I love Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changelling series. I had the luck of meeting her a few years ago and have ‘Slave to Sensation’ signed by her. It’s one of my pride and joy book. So , if I were to use a book as star on my Christmas tree, ‘Slave to Sensation’ would totally be it.
4. Pick one fictional place that would be perfect for a winter vacation!
Hogwarts would be the perfect place for a winter holiday for me. It make up for me not getting my letter when I was 11. The castle, the snow, the ghosts and the magic would be so, well, magical, that I would never leave.
5. Pick One fictional character you’d take with you on your winter vacation!
I would take Meryn from Alanea Alder’s ‘Bewitched and Bewildered’, with me to Hogwarts. Only because I know she would geek out about it, and I could geek out with her. Plus, where she goes it’s probably that the whole gang would go with her, meaning I could meet them too.
6. Name one book from your wish list this year!
I’m going to cheat and give you a few:
- ‘Silver Silence’ by Nalini Singh – Because I’m I don’t have a physical copy yet.
- ‘The Darkest Promise’ paperback by Gena Showalter – Same reason, it’s the only book missing to finish my collection.
- ‘Damien’ by L.A. Casey – I’m dying to read this book, I think it’s the end of the series, and I think it’s going to be awesome.
- ‘Tradition’ by Brendan Kiely – I only found out about this book recently and it sounds very interesting, and I’m really looking forwards to reading it.
7. Favorite Holiday drink, treat & movie?
I’m a bit addicted to chocolate, so my favorite drink and treat are very related. I love to drink Hot Chocolate during the winter time, and chocolate treats are just a part of Christmas.
This year I loved to watch ‘The Grinch Who Stole Christmas’ on Christmas Eve. It got me very into the holidays, but now that Christmas is over, I’m enjoying a bit of ‘Die Hard’. After a stressful Christmas day, it’s kinda of nice to watch John McClane shoot and blow up stuff.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that you have a Happy New Year. I’m excited for 2018, and reading more books.